Wednesday, December 25, 2002

So, anyway. Yeah. Nothing much going on. Just felt like typing for a while, see if anything worthwhile spills out.

My apartment has failed to come to pass. Paperwork issues. I was hoping to know by last Saturday, but it may be two weeks from Monday before all the hoops have been jumped through. The apartment I found is completely cool, though. Two beds, a wood burning stove, downtown, I really can't wait.

In other news: instinct. You ever have someone set off alarms deep within your psyche for no appearant reason? It happend to me just the other day. I was this girls house with some mutual friends. I've only known her for a month or so; she dated one of my best friends for a time. Anyway, she is headed toward the eastern part of the state for the holidays, and wanted to take some pictures to show her family back home. Not just of me, but all her new friends here in town. Now, I'm generally against having my photo taken by anyone, even my family, but when she asked me to get on the couch with the others, something at the very bottom of my consciousness said "No. Do not let this person take your picture," and I stood up very quickly and said I didn't want my picture taken, that I didn't anyone taking my picture. She brought the camera to her face and made like she was going to anyway. Before I could even think, I said, "Do not take that picture! If you do, I will take the camera from you, rip the film out of the back, and expose every frame on the roll, do you understand me?" I didn't mean to be such an ass about it, but I knew I didn't want her to take my picture, and that if she did, I absolutly would have taken her camera by force and did just as I said I would. Another, much closer friend, sensed something strange in the way I was acting and leapt to my rescue, saying, "He's serious. He hates to get his picture taken. I wouldn't, if I were you."

I have no idea why I felt like I did, but it was a feeling very close the core of my being. In the same way we know that fire will burn us, I am positive that if she possesed my photograph, it would be a Bad Thing, though I do not know why.

I don't think I'm going to go over there anymore.

No comments: