Wednesday, November 16, 2005

about half past midnight, we found ourselves on Main Street in Nyssa, OR. We had been driving since about eleven, more or less randomly, and philosophizing, as is our wont. We were immeaditly struck by how cool Main Street was under the streetlamps, when we saw an illuminated sign reading "Nyssa Tavern."

Someone said, "We should stop and get a beer."

"Are they open?"

"Yes!"

"I'm there!"

So we pulled over. The bar was long and narrow, dimly lit and smokey. Pool table. Juke-box.

1 comment:

Western Oracle: God of War said...

Sure as hell wasn't the one who suggested doing that. All I remember is passing out and then waking up in Nyssa. Considering what happed AFTER the 1st bar, I certainly wouldn't have suggested doing that.

I'm never going back to Nyssa again, at least not if I can help it.