Friday, January 20, 2006

Genealogy

I have long wanted to buy some genealogy software and begin tracing my roots. Recently, I came across some info on my great-great uncle, Rev. William Ferree, S.M., Ph.D. (1905-1985), that clinched it for me. It turns out, in addition to being a Catholic Priest, he was a professor of philosophy and greatly interested in social justice. here is a short bio of the man, and here (.pdf)is something he wrote in 1948.

I'll be posting more as I come across it, I think.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Sweetheart, We actually have a beautifully handwritten family tree, unfortunately it has not been updated in a very long time. It dates back to the 1700's starting with a woman who moved to southern Indiana from France. Ask me to show it to you the next time you come over.
Mom