Saturday, February 19, 2005

Death's Advocate Approaches....

We are sick. We have the flu times two. For the past four days we have simply waited for death. I have missed two days of work, Nomi one, and am about to miss a third. Fever, body ache, sore throat, the whole deal. Thus far, the only thing we have been spared is nasuea/vomiting.

Needless to say, the house is a disaster. It wasn't looking good before, and a week of total inactivity hasn't helped matters mush. Today we actually bought paper plates, bowls, and plastic flatware because, quite simply, there is not a clean dish in the house, and we still need to eat.

Nomi got a prescription for the Pink Stuff (amoxicillian) for her ear infection (did I not mention that?), and I got an anti-viral that should help shorten the duration of this mess, as well as cause dizzyness and blurred vision! (About that: at first I was overjoyed beacause 'may cause drowsiness' is among my favorite words. Dizzyness, however, I'm not so sure about...)

No comments: