Thursday, October 28, 2004

Pimpage

I am a big fan of webcomics. I think that it's an awesome medium for young artists and writers to flex their creative muscles and anyone who can pound out even the most mediocre, semi-regular webcomic has my respect. My wife and I have been talking about doing a webcomic for a long time, but have yet to put pen to paper.

I especially like when like when a webcomicist (I'm tossing that word around; see if it sticks. It's a little like 'publicist.') is able to take their hobby and turn it into something profitable, but this is extremely hard to do. For every Penny Arcade or PvP there are literally a thousand Supreme Auranations and Oriyans. Good comics, funny comics that simply don't have hundreds of thousands of readers every day. Some don't want webcomicry to be a full time thing while others are desperately trying to make enough money in the real world so they can keep doing the thing they love. Tahuid Bondia is one of the latter. Tahuid is on the verge of obtaining the Holy Grail of webcomics: Syndication. Together with writer Eric McCurdy they have a brand new comic called Suzie View up on Comics.com, which is the internet arm of United Media. Some United Media alums include For Better or Worse, Get Fuzzy and Peanuts. Suzie View has been very well received by the internet viewers and there is talk of syndication in printed media. Tahuid has recently quit his job to devote all his time to Suzie View and his other really excellent webcomic, Spells and Whistles. He is very close to living the webcomicist's dream, but needs help. He need everyone who reads this to also read Spells and Whistles and Suzie Veiw. If you like Suzie View, write you local paper and tell them to request it on their comics page. If you like S&W, buy some swag. As soon as he gets some. For my part, I'm pimping him here, and am adding him to my links table.

Good luck Tahuid. I'm pulling for you.

No comments: